[SOLVED] Profile Page Landing separate from User Main Profile

4 years 11 months ago #312129 by onedotlove
I was following until I got here:

"Next CBs CSS is namespaced so the top level div in your layout you need to add the CSS class cb_template to it. This div should surround your entire custom HTML."

Do I add it here: <div>{code CB Profile CSS class cb_template CSS}</div>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312130 by krileon

Do I add it here: <div>{code CB Profile CSS class cb_template CSS}</div>

No, add a div that surrounds your entire layout with the CSS class cb_template on it. Example as follows.

<div class="cb_template">
OTHER_HTML_HERE
</div>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312131 by onedotlove
It has converted the fields and tabs but i do believe I need to modify the code for the layout because the code for the layout is for the profile positions, is that correct?

4 years 11 months ago #312135 by krileon
Substituting in a tab or a field just substitutes in the tab or fields contents. It doesn't do anything beyond that. There's not going to be a tabbed menu like you see on your profile as that's specifically designed for the canvas layout, which I guess if you 100% recreated in your custom HTML might be possible. Suppose you could try substituting in entire tab positions, but again if you do not mimic the expected canvas layout it likely will look odd or not work. Example as follows.

[cb:userposition position="canvas_main_middle" /]

I'm not sure why you need this to be honest as you can customize what does and does not display based off who is viewing the profile rather easily using CB Conditional giving the illusion of 2 different views.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312671 by onedotlove
Yes this is what I want could you please assist?

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312675 by krileon
To have two different profile views using CB Conditional? Suggest installing CB Conditional and begin using it. Example of its usage to show/hide fields can be found on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

You can also find a few tutorials below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/315-cb-conditional/tutorials

The UX maybe out of date in the videos, but the usage is still the same. For example to condition a tab to only display if the profile owner isn't viewing the page you'd use the below.

Display: Tab conditional show
Field: Custom > Value
Value: [user_id]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]

This would let you have tabs or fields only visible to someone else viewing the profile limiting clutter for the actual profile owner (e.g. if you wanted to hide some of the canvas from profile owner).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn