Public Email Form

4 years 11 months ago #312283 by webiedesign
Public Email Form was created by webiedesign
help ! I have gone through all the documentation and forum postings, only to find others with the same issue and no solution. The user profile is set to public, the configuration is set to Display Link to Email Form, and the Public Email Form is set to yes. The email link prompts the person to login and I really do want it to be accessible to the public. Please advise.

Mary
webie-design.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Public Email Form
All that should be necessary is to configure the following within CB > Configuration.

General
Email Handling: Display Link to Email Form
Public Email Form: Yes

User Profile
Profile View Access Level: Public

This appears to be working perfectly fine in my tests. Please ensure CB it self is completely up to date with the latest build installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312300 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Public Email Form
yes everything is up to date and I have everything set up correctly - this person is also having the same issue that still is not resolved
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/13-general-plugins/240250-cb-public-mail#309321
Can I provide admin login for you or is there any other ideas ?

Mary
webie-design.com

4 years 11 months ago #312301 by krileon
The user in that topic does not have public profile access configured correctly and is why it doesn't work for them. If a public user can not visit and see a users profile they will not be able to use the public email form. Not only does your Joomla menu item to CBs profile page need to be set to Public, but so does "Profile View Access Level".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312303 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic Public Email Form
Yes, my menu item is public, the list is public, and the user profile is public.

Mary
webie-design.com

4 years 11 months ago #312307 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds