Middlename not in email

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312324 by aadjeh
Middlename not in email was created by aadjeh
Hi,

In our CB configuration I set "Name Style" to "First, Middle, and Last Name Fields". But when users register they get an email with only Firstname and Lastname when I use the [NAME] tag.
Should I use a different tag to get Middlename to also be printed in emails?

The [DETAILS] tag also doesnt mention Middlename. On the website the middlename is there in (e.g.) their profile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312330 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Middlename not in email
Just setting the name style to first, middle, and last name does not mean they've a middle name stored in the database. If they don't supply a middle name they won't have one. Edit the user in CB > User Management and verify they've a middle name. The [name] substitution pulls its value directly from Joomlas _users table where you can also check to see if they've a middle name stored.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312351 by aadjeh
Replied by aadjeh on topic Middlename not in email
The reason I've been investigating this is because registered users got these emails without their middlename. The middlename is present in CB and Joomla in the database. It is also visible in their profile, just not in the welcome email.

4 years 11 months ago #312358 by krileon
Does the middle name exist in the name column of _users in your database? The [DETAILS] usage uses [name], which comes directly from Joomla name column. The [firstname], [middlename], and [lastname] usages come from CB directly since Joomla doesn't split the name in storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312383 by aadjeh
Replied by aadjeh on topic Middlename not in email
Yes, the name field in _users is complete with middlename.

4 years 11 months ago #312393 by krileon
Strange, I'm not sure what to suggest. As [name] comes directly from the Joomla stored name column in _users it should be there. I suppose you could try [firstname] [middlename] [lastname] to let the values come from CB instead. [name] seams to be working fine in my tests. Try substituting [name] into a Custom HTML field and see if it displays on their profile correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn