[SOLVED] Installing CB Core breaks css for menu items

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312338 by independentCog
I'm on a completely fresh install of Joomla! 3.9.6 Stable
PHP Version 7.3.2

No other extensions installed.

Debugging shows nothing on max reporting.

CSS on menu item with Registration Form type works completely fine until CB Core 2.4.2 is installed. Post installation all css is stripped from the page.

I'm on a deadline so help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installing CB Core breaks css for menu items
Don't see how CB could possibly be removing your CSS. All of our CSS is prefixed with .cb_template namespace class. Switch to default Joomla protostar and see if issue persists. You can not access Joomla registration and login with CB installed unless you disable our blocking behavior for those endpoints in our system plugin as CB is a drop in replacement for Joomla user component entirely. Ensure your menu item has been changed to point to CBs registration page instead of Joomlas.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312362 by independentCog
Replied by independentCog on topic Installing CB Core breaks css for menu items
The behavior is happening with protostar and the menu item is pointing to that template. That was the first thing I've checked.
I'm stumped on this too because in anytime I've used cb on the same hosting this hasn't happened. Without CB core installed, the css for menu items works perfectly regardless of the template. That's the only differing element I can see.

I should of been more specific, it was a CB Registration Form Menu item not the standard joomla one.

I'll try tech support with the hosting and ensure it's not some strange caching thing on their end that is somehow conflicting.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312363 by independentCog
It's not caching on the hosting side, I've tested further and article creation appears normal while cb login and cb registration have the css stripped. I'm at a loss here so for now I'll just have to build the site without using CB. In the meantime any help on this would be appreciated.

4 years 10 months ago #312364 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installing CB Core breaks css for menu items
What do you mean the CSS is stripped? You mean CBs CSS isn't loading? Check to be sure you didn't turn off CBs Bootstrap or Fontawesome within CB > Configuration > Integrations. If you're using a custom CB template within CB > Configuration > User Profile reset it back to default. If the default template in CB > Plugin Management is not published and public access be sure to restore it to be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312367 by independentCog
I checked all of the configuration options above. Integration is all green and User Profile is at default. None of those options were changed.

It's not a cb template. This is just protostar on a freshly installed up-to-date version of Joomla! where the only extension installed is Community Builder Core. This behavior happened only after installing.

I tested further to see if access had anything to do with it. It doesn't. Public or Registered will both show with Article menu items which are unaffected by the lack of css formatting.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn