Question about youtube tutorial 16

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312350 by Renkun
Question about youtube tutorial 16 was created by Renkun
I'm following this tutorial and when they drop-down the category section they see all sorts of category options that I don't have. Did i miss a step?

Refer to:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312357 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about youtube tutorial 16
Depends on what mode you're using. If set to Internal then the categories are specified directly in the same parameters as a comma separated list. If set to Joomla then it just pulls them directly from Joomlas Content component. Edit CB Blogs within CB > Plugin Management and under Parameters > Blogs verify what Model you have selected. If using Joomla be sure you've selected your top level category for the Category parameter as this will determine what categories are available to users. Typically you'd have something like the following setup in Joomla content component.

Blogs
- General
- Movies
- Games
- Sports

Then you'd set Category to "Blogs". This would make General, Movies, Games, and Sports available categories for your users to select.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312401 by Renkun
Replied by Renkun on topic Question about youtube tutorial 16
I see.

So now im getting this error:

" Blog failed to validate! Error: Category not allowed! "

My categories are set to public though?

4 years 10 months ago #312406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about youtube tutorial 16
The top level category (Blogs) also needs to be Public or at least set to something the posting user can access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn