Multiple confirmation email at registration

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312592 by Five_phil
Hello,

it's been a while since I noticed this problem.
When a user registers he receives an email with the confirmation link. The process works except that the site sends systematically 3 identical emails (address, text, time)

I went around the config CB and CB is up to date, Joomla also 3.9.6. I use that CB plugins
I have the CB auto action plugin, but I do not see anything that could do that.
Do you have track elements?

edit:
I do the tests always with the same address, I delete the account then without clicking on the confirmation link.
repeating a test at once, I receive 14 identical emails, except the first 2 which are without the link but with this sentence: the address is already confirmed.

best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312599 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple confirmation email at registration
There's no code to send the confirmation email multiple times. If you delete the account and re-create it with same email address then yes you will have to confirm it again. I'm seeing no such issues in my tests.

Ensure Joomlas email is not sending by editing "User - Joomla!" within Extensions > Plugins and setting "Notification Mail to User" to "No". Next ensure Joomla isn't sending confirmation emails about Joomla accounts by setting "New User Account Activation" to "None" or "Self" and "Send Mail to Administrators" to "No" in Users > Manage > Options.

If still having issues begin unpublishing non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management. If issue persists repeat for 3rd party Joomla User and System plugins in Extensions > Plugins. It's possible something is causing multiple user stores to trigger resulting in the email being sent multiple times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312605 by Five_phil
Replied by Five_phil on topic Multiple confirmation email at registration
Hello,
So I did a lot of testing as explained, but I did not find the culprit!
Disabled Joomla !, CB and other plugins that could send an email.
The only solution I found is to select in the CB configuration "Administrator Approval" This setting works fine, not practical is it sending a single email.

If you want to test? Create an account www.agenda-couture.com/s-identifier.html
I put the approval on email

Phil,

4 years 10 months ago #312620 by krileon
I don't know what to suggest. There's no core code to send multiple confirmation emails unless something is trigger user store over and over to result in that behavior. If using CB Auto Actions try unpublishing it as it's possible one of your auto actions could be doing it. You're also using AcyMailing which could be causing this if you're using their Joomla user block. You need to disable 3rd party extensions and plugins entirely 1 by 1 to find the possible culprit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313304 by Five_phil
Replied by Five_phil on topic Multiple confirmation email at registration
Hello,
I ended up finding the culprit -> Google invisible captcha

4 years 9 months ago #313305 by krileon
Is that captcha provided by CB AntiSpam or Joomla plugin? If from CB AntiSpam I can't see how as registration would be blocked before any email could be sent. If Joomlas then it's possible it's not properly erroring the user object and causing some sort of loop.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn