[#7588] CB Activity showing everything of connections only?

4 years 9 months ago #312792 by krileon

And yes, the thought just occurred to me as well that maybe it has something to do with the large amount of connections. I have nearly 2500 connections, mainly because most people accept the automatic connection request.

That maybe the issue. I have yet to test such a usecase. I've already preemptively added a feature ticket to rewrite how connections activity are pulled from the database to avoid massive IN values (in your case the IN statement in SQL is over 2500 values).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7588

Have added a note to test this against a user with a significant amount of connections. Aside from that I can't see any other reason this isn't working properly for your particular user. As you've confirmed it works fine for other users without a significant amount of connections then that likely confirms the inefficiency in CB Activity is the culprit and will have it fixed for CB Activity 5.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #312793 by Vorak
Thanks for your reply.

Do you still want me to send you login credentials in a private message? And if yes, should it be the login details of my main admin account which has nearly 2500 connections, or is another admin account ok?

4 years 9 months ago #312796 by krileon
If this is only impacting your admin with 2500 connections it's safe to assume that's the issue and will address it in CB Activity 5.0.0 where I'll be rewriting how connections are added to the Activity SQL (a subquery instead of a giant IN statement). There shouldn't be need for login credentials if that's the case since I believe we've found the issue. I'll be duplicating such a scenario locally to confirm (except I'll be testing with probably 10,000 connections or more).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312813 by krileon
Ok, was able to identify 2 core issues with the connections behavior in CB Activity. The first one is the connections query stopped at 200 users. So having 2500 of course meant a lot got cut off. Second is the query is inefficient. I'm working on reworking both behaviors to improve the performance and get rid of the limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 9 months ago #312814 by Vorak
Hello,

Thanks for the update. Yes, that would seem to be consistent with what I have noticed on my site. It's always the same posts of the same people I see, regardless of how old they are. So the system is probably only showing posts of the first 200 people I once made a connection with (and that I'm still connected with).

4 years 9 months ago #312875 by Vorak
Hello,

Is there any timeframe known in which this update will be made?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn