[#7586] CB Profile Book plugin settings

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312742 by Sekulla
Hi, I am trying to use the CB profile book plugin guestbook feature as a means for other members to write testimonials for a profile. Hence, I would like to restrict the profile owner to only be able to "unpublish" or "delete" the guestbook entries. Currently the default is that the profile owner can also edit the entry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Profile Book plugin settings
There's no functionality to limit profile owner permissions. They've full permissions over what is posted on their profile when it comes to CB ProfileBook. Have added a feature ticket to review improving this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7586

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312751 by Sekulla
Replied by Sekulla on topic CB Profile Book plugin settings
Thanks Kyle,

That would be a good future new feature. Currently, as it stands a profile owner could edit statements made on their profile by another member. That means statement attributed to a member could be made without the permission of the author. That could be risky.

We are using this as place for members to make testimonials or references on other profiles so we would not want the profile owner to be able to edit this but only to un-publish or delete.

4 years 10 months ago #312758 by krileon
It's a common request for that functionality. It doesn't make much sense the way it is designed now, but it was kept that way as that was how it was originally developed so there's some fear of backwards compatibility problems. Best approach will be to just have parameters to toggle on/off that behavior. Not sure when I'll get around to implementing that though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sekulla

4 years 10 months ago #312809 by Sekulla
Replied by Sekulla on topic CB Profile Book plugin settings
Hi Kyle,

In the interest to feedback suggestions for future new update to the guestbook feature if and when you get round to it I feel it would be good to have the following options:

1) Option to toggle on/off the ability for the profile owner to edit/delete/unpublish any guestbook entries on their profile
2) Option to have a button (invite) on the guestbook tab so that the profile owner can request another member to make a guestbook entry.

I think the above would give the guestbook feature sufficient differential from the wall to allow various useful applications.

4 years 10 months ago #312812 by krileon

1) Option to toggle on/off the ability for the profile owner to edit/delete/unpublish any guestbook entries on their profile

Already planned.

2) Option to have a button (invite) on the guestbook tab so that the profile owner can request another member to make a guestbook entry.

I doubt that will be implemented.

CB ProfileBook will eventually be entirely phased out. CB Blogs replaces the ProfileBlog. CB Activity replaces the ProfileWall. We don't have a replacement for GuestBook, but it will eventually be replaced by a new product called CB Reviews to provide a review/testimony tab with likely some marketing features like sending a request out to a user to review.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sekulla

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn