[SOLVED] CB Invites

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312852 by chrispg
[SOLVED] CB Invites was created by chrispg
Hi there!

I recently installed CB Invites, but I think that I may have missed something or something may not be quite right.

I have sent an invite, and then clicked on the link to sign-up. I can see in the sign-up URL that there is a value for the invite_code however CB doesn't seem to _do_ anything with the code.
  • When I create the new account it is not linked to the person that sent the invite and
  • the sender of the invite still sees the invite as "pending"

Any guidance to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312860 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites
Invite code is only used if the invite code field in CB > Field Management is set to display on registration. Otherwise it'll just match the users email address to any invites and accept those.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #312866 by chrispg
Replied by chrispg on topic CB Invites
Thanks for the guidance Kyle.

I think there may be a problem with my CB install:
  • The Invite code does not show on the registration page even though it is published and set for registration.
  • Responding to an invite does not link you to person that invited you (double-checked I was using the correct email address!)
  • The CB menu option isn't even visible (see screenshot) - have to go through Components > Community Builder.

Is there some way I can check the integrity of my installation?
Thanks,
Chris.

4 years 9 months ago #312871 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invites
Is CB Invites published and public access within CB > Plugin Management? If you changed its access to Registered for example it won't load for Public users causing them to not see the invite code field and since it isn't loaded it won't accept invites. Note there is very little reason to change the Access of an actual plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrispg

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312874 by chrispg
Replied by chrispg on topic CB Invites
Ohhh... that makes sense! You were completely correct and it's working just fine now now that I've changed it to Public :)

I'm slowly getting to learn my way around Joomla! Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

Regards,
Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds