CBGallery multiple owners

4 years 8 months ago #313320 by BlountyNG
CBGallery multiple owners was created by BlountyNG
Any way to make an album owned by more than one user so that it shows up on both users profiles and in their respective galleries?

Something like in the screenshot
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313323 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBGallery multiple owners
Albums and Media can only be owned by 1 user. Multiple ownership is not possible or planned. Where something displays has nothing to do with ownership as well. It's entirely based off the Asset of the gallery and the album or media.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313330 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CBGallery multiple owners
From my understanding an album with the asset of the attatched image should show in both users galleries then?
When I try having an album with multiple assets it disapears from either users gallery.
Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #313341 by krileon
No, albums and media can not have multiple assets. Only galleries themselves can display multiple assets. For example a gallery with its asset set to profile.% (wildcard usage) will display all profile gallery entries on it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313343 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CBGallery multiple owners
Okay so there is currently no way for an album to be split or shared between a few users who collaborated or appeared in the images within the album then, will there be any future updates for this maybe?

4 years 8 months ago #313346 by krileon
Everything is bound by Asset. That is the sole deciding factor of where something displays. However some assets have stricter access controls. Specifically profile assets will check the profile owner for additional permissions. This means the shared album needs to have a non-profile based asset.

The best way to do this is to create the album within CB Gallery > Albums using a generic non-profile asset. So for example set its asset to "shared". Next you need to be sure your gallery can output that asset by editing the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management and setting the Asset parameter to "profile,uploads,shared". This should display your new album and should allow anyone to upload to it since it won't be checking profiles for upload permission and will strictly use the create access parameters.

Note they will only be able to upload to the shared album from their profile. They can not upload to the shared album from someone else's profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn