CBGallery multiple owners

4 years 9 months ago #313347 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CBGallery multiple owners
Wouldn't this show the album on any users galleries with the "shared" asset output?

We have members that would collaborate with some people on some projects and other people on other projects and each album would need to be only shown in the galleries of the users involved.

User A + User B collaborate = Shared album 1, shown in only A & B profile galleries.

User B + user C collaborate = Shared album 2, shown in only B & C profile galleries.

User A + user C collaborate = shared album 3, shown in only A & C profile galleries

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBGallery multiple owners
Yes, it will show the shared album on every profile as that's how Asset works. Asset determines what is displayed. If you need user specific Assets you have to use substitutions, which the Asset parameter supports. For example you could have a field that stores the users collaborator user id. Example as follows

Field: cb_collaborator
Type: Integer

Then for User A they'd have User B's user id. So lets say for example that's 621. Now in Asset you can substitute that in as follows.

profile,uploads,[cb:if cb_collaborator!=""]profile.[cb_collaborator][/cb:if]

This is going to show every profile gallery entry of User B on User A though unless again the album has a unique asset. So for example if the album has something like "shared.621" then you'd have the below.

profile,uploads,[cb:if cb_collaborator!=""]shared.[cb_collaborator][/cb:if]

Since this is project based through you probably need a value that both User A and User B would have. So you'd probably have the below.

Field: cb_project
Type: Integer

profile,uploads,[cb:if cb_project!=""]shared.[cb_project][/cb:if]

Now both User A and User B just need to set cb_project to the same value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313349 by BlountyNG
If user A works with each user upto Z and each project needed its own album, would he have to have 25 different "project" field intergers so that each album is displayed on the correct users galleries?

a + b = project 1
a + c = project 2
a+z = project 25

4 years 9 months ago #313353 by krileon
What is a project? It would be significantly easier to just have an entire gallery dedicated to a project instead of trying to link them to peoples personal profile galleries. If a project is for example a CB GroupJive group then GJ groups already have galleries powered by CB Gallery by publishing its necessary system action in CB Auto Actions. If it's some third party extension you can likely load galleries on the project pages using CB Gallery Module or CB Gallery Bot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313355 by BlountyNG
We work with models to create albums that they can showcase on their profiles. Sometimes the models will work together and both star in a photoset so we were just looking to showcase that album on both of their profiles.

4 years 9 months ago #313358 by krileon
Sounds like the easiest approach is to just upload to both profiles in that case. It's a lot of work to implement album sharing, which is not a planned feature in the foreseeable future.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlountyNG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn