Plugin update not working

4 years 7 months ago #313854 by dbeezley
Plugin update not working was created by dbeezley
When I try to get updates from (CBUpdates1) or (CBUpdates2) it takes me to (CBUpdates3) where everything is "BUY".

This has happened before, but I can't remember the solution.

Thanks, Doug B
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #313863 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin update not working
You need to have been logged into Joomlapolis recently for the JSONP request to pick up your login status when visiting the Install from Web. If you weren't logged in then login and click the refresh link bottom right of the Install from Web tab. If it's still not working either your site or something configured in your browser (e.g. browser extension) is blocking the JSONP request and there's nothing we can suggest to fix that. We'll be providing a token system in a later release to circumvent some browser extensions blocking the JSONP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #313867 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Plugin update not working
I was logged in at the time. I checked it several times. I tried it just now and all is well. But this is on my laptop and before was on my desktop computer. I'll try that again when I get home. If it shows any problem, I'll get back to you. Otherwise, I'll just carry on. Thanks for getting back to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 7 months ago #313869 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin update not working
I'm guessing your desktop has a browser extension or browser setting configured that's blocking the JSONP request in that case. There's unfortunately nothing we can do about that until we've implemented a token system where you'd generate a token from your Joomlapolis profile and add it to CB so it'd always know who you were to validate what you've access to, but I'm unsure when we'll have that implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #313872 by dbeezley
That's OK. At least now I have a logical explanation. I've had issues before that Chrome addons haven't played nicely with other functions. Now, if I can only remember it next time! Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314487 by dbeezley
You suggested that my problem might be due to browser extensions. I have disabled my chrome extensions one by one until there are no plugins in operation. Still, when I go to joomla administration and try to do updates from there, I am still not recognized as having logged in. I even went to another browser window, logged into Joomlapolis and then tried to access the site from CB in my Joomla site. I even tried it in Firefox and MS browser.

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong. It seems that the only choice I have is to go to Joomlapolis and download everything and access the updates from my harddrive. It used to work to simply click on the CB links in the Joomla control panel. That's less convenient.

Once, after my last contact on this thread, it worked. I have no idea what, if anything, I did different. Any suggestions?
Doug

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn