Plugin update not working

4 years 6 months ago #314500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin update not working
I've no clue why it's not recognizing your login state. A JSONP request just sends an ajax HTTPS request to our site, but it allows cookies to work. Your login cookie is recognized and your login state is then factored into the conditional checks in our CB Package Builder usage. For whatever reason your cookie isn't being recognized.

Please keep in mind your site will cache Install from Web for 24 hours. If you were not logged in, it cached, then you logged in you would still see it as if you weren't logged in and will need to manually refresh it using the refresh link on the bottom right of the tab.

There's not much more I can suggest. We do have a Download History so if you download all the plugins your site is using you can redownload latest versions in 1 click from your download history below to at least make manual updating easier.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/download-history

Once we've a token system implemented there will be an alternative for those having issues with JSONP requests. It could be possible it's simply a security setting on your site, computer, or browser blocking it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314502 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Plugin update not working
Thanks, Kyle. I can get it done... just a matter of convenience. You have done a lot over the years to make the product better.

4 years 5 months ago #315132 by dbeezley
Once again, I'm trying to do updates from the Joomla back end. I try logging in to Joomlapolis before and after I attempt to update. I refresh, I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the Joomla administrative area will magically work. Now, I've tried for 15 minutes and nothing works. There has to be some sort of explanation or guide... even if it something convoluted I need to do. I could go to the Joomlapolis website and download from there then upload from my computer. From the Joomla website, it doesn't tell me what needs updating on my website. So I with have to make a list or just download everything. There has to be something I can do?

d

4 years 5 months ago #315133 by dbeezley
I finally found something. At the bottom of the list of updates there was something that said "Will refresh in a week" or something like that. I clicked on it and all was well. Does that make any sense?

4 years 5 months ago #315142 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin update not working
The cache only lasts for 24 hours. It should refresh automatically on next visit after 24 hours. You can of course use the link to manually refresh as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315154 by dbeezley
I was refreshing my browser. That's why my previous refreshing didn't work. Duh.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn