[CB ACTIVITY] how to change chars limit of activity message to display

4 years 7 months ago #313978 by robster80
Hello,
I can't find how to change chars limit of messages to display (not limit for entire message) before 'see more' at activity stream :(
best regards,
r.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #313980 by krileon
There's no parameter to change that. It will trigger a Show More usage if the post is consumes more than 800px in height to prevent large strings of text or images from pushing the page down. Most posts should not trigger the Show More behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #314002 by robster80
Can you tell me how to get around this? Where I can change this in code? I have some users which like to make loooong posts and comments. I would like to change the height to around 300px.
But what about pictures then...? It would be simpler to set this by number of chars.

4 years 7 months ago #314003 by krileon

Can you tell me how to get around this? Where I can change this in code? I have some users which like to make loooong posts and comments. I would like to change the height to around 300px.

There is no option to get around it. The limit check is 400px with a tolerance up to 800px depending on the viewing space available. You can however override it entirely with CSS. Example as follows.

.cb_template .cbActivity .cbMoreLess.cbMoreLessClosed .cbMoreLessContent {
	max-height: 300px !important;
}

You can add your custom CSS to the page using the built in CSS Overrides feature shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

It would be simpler to set this by number of chars.

That's already possible by limiting how many characters they can post in a message. It's default set to 400 unless you changed it. Specifically see the "Message Limit" parameter under CB Activity > Parameters > Activity > Create.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn