[SOLVED] list visibility in public mode

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314165 by shanenefdt
[SOLVED] list visibility in public mode was created by shanenefdt
Hi,
I'm struggling with getting lists I've created to be publicly visible. I've gone through the video tutorials and documentation but may be missing something.
At the moment, the lists are currently only visible to registered users and I want the lists to be visible to public too.
Please advise...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314172 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic list visibility in public mode
Create a Joomla menu item to your userlist page with Community Builder > Userlist menu type. Ensure that menu item is set to Public access. Next edit your userlist within CB > List Management and ensure Access Level is also set to Public. Should be all you'll need to do for publicly accessible userlist. If no users are displayed on it then ensure the Usergroups parameter of your userlist is set correctly to include your users usergroups. If still not displaying then see if you're using the Profile Privacy field provided by CB Privacy as it's capable of hiding users from userlists based off privacy setting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314175 by shanenefdt
Replied by shanenefdt on topic list visibility in public mode
Thanks for your response.
I have completed all of the above you mentioned here hence the reason for my request for assistance. I may be overlooking something else here...

There is an abbreviated listing when the menu item is selected. Only when you are logged in as a "Registered User" or higher access level are the rest of the fields visible. Any ideas?

4 years 6 months ago #314178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic list visibility in public mode
Fields have access controls via the tabs they are on and the plugins they belong to. Ensure CB Core is set to Public as it's a core plugin and shouldn't typically be anything other than public within CB > Plugin Management. Next review the tabs your fields are on within CB > Tab Management and ensure their tabs are also set to Public if you want them publicly visible. Then you of course have privacy controls via CB Privacy which can be applied to the fields themselves or their tabs which can be reviewed under Integrations > CB Privacy of your field/tab edit displays if CB Privacy is installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314180 by shanenefdt
Replied by shanenefdt on topic list visibility in public mode
Aha! The privacy on the tabs seems to have been the issue here. After changing the privacy settings, all is good - thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn