[SOLVED] Export all records

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #314875 by waynesj
[SOLVED] Export all records was created by waynesj
Hi

With the new export feature in CB, how do I select so that all the records will be exported as opposed to what is displayed on the screen.
I have over 5000 records which is the maximum display value.

REgards
Wayne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #314881 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Export all records
You can't. It's not a means of moving your users from 1 site to another or anything of the sort. It's meant for small batch exports. Trying to export/import your entire user base wouldn't work anyway as it'd just crash your server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314885 by waynesj
Replied by waynesj on topic Export all records
Fair enough.
The reason I wanted to do a full export is that I have a batch of records to add, and I want to make sure they do not already exist in the db.

If I just import them, will the import advise that an email address is already in the database if it is already there, ie not create a duplicate entry?

4 years 5 months ago #314897 by krileon
You don't need to export them to prevent duplicate imports. When importing you'll see a dropdown to select how to handle duplicates. User ID (specifically checked via the duplicate feature), Username (validation rule), and Email Address (validation rule) must be unique. If any row on import fails validation it will skip the row and after the import is done it will display all errors for any rows that failed. You can give this a try by trying to import 1 duplicate row to see how it'll behave.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #314904 by waynesj
Replied by waynesj on topic Export all records
OK, that is great. It works as you say.
I have a file of about 650 rows.
Would this be too much to import using the CB import feature.
What is a safe maximum.

Wayne

4 years 5 months ago #314906 by krileon
How many you can import entirely depends on the capabilities of your server. For budget hosting I probably wouldn't do more than 100-200 at most per import. For dedicated hosting I'm guessing you could easily do 1,000 or more per import.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn