[SOLVED] Use Case Assistance

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315058 by nphic
[SOLVED] Use Case Assistance was created by nphic
Folks,

I have a use case I was hoping I could get some guidance on useing CBSubs. I have been using CBSubs for a long time. I have a website that has 5 membership plans. These memberships are fee based and are for 1 year. I need to add a 6th plan that is a "Sponsored Plan" that is by "Invitation Only". This plan is FREE and is for only 3 months. Here are the criteria I'd like to implement:

1. Cannot be subscribed to any of the 5 paid plans
2. The plan CANNOT be displayed on the sign up now form for new members
3. We ideally would like to send an "invitation link" to the "Sponsored Member" that will allow them to fill out the same registration form as our "Paid Members".
4. The person we send this link to WILL NOT be a member so they would need to have a Public Access Level to access the form
4. The "Sponsored Member" would then be able to "Upgrade" to one of our 5 paid plans.

I confident I can implement most of this with my CBSubs knowledge. Where I am struggling with the about requirements is with number 3.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe Rebele

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315072 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use Case Assistance

1. Cannot be subscribed to any of the 5 paid plans

All top level plans, including this new plan, need to marked Exclusive so only 1 can be active at a given time. Otherwise you need to use a new parent plan to categorize your other plans. Example as follows.

Plan 1 - free, lifetime, exclusive
- Plan 1a
- Plan 1b
Plan 2 - free, 3 month, exclusive

2. The plan CANNOT be displayed on the sign up now form for new members

Set "Allow registration" to "No" under the Workflows tab of the plan.

3. We ideally would like to send an "invitation link" to the "Sponsored Member" that will allow them to fill out the same registration form as our "Paid Members".

Ok, sounds like you need the plan to be accessible only by URL then. Skip the above step of hiding it on registration and instead set "Propose spontaneously plan at registration" to "No: hide this plan from registration and from access proposals, unless specifically included in URL". The plan should only be visible with its direct URL. For this usage I also recommend setting "User Approval by Moderator" to "Yes, before payment (override CB)" so you have to approve the registration of anyone trying to use that plan.

4. The person we send this link to WILL NOT be a member so they would need to have a Public Access Level to access the form

That should work fine with the direct URL usage described above.

4. The "Sponsored Member" would then be able to "Upgrade" to one of our 5 paid plans.

That should work fine with plans being marked exclusive as described above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315081 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic Use Case Assistance
Kyle,

Thanks! It all worked perfectly following your instructions. I really appreciate the prompt reply and help.

Thanks,
Joe Rebele
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 4 months ago #315120 by nphic
Kyle,

No sure what happened with the instructions you gave to me for this use case, but it is throwing this error message:

Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen).

Can you assist?

Thanks,
Joe

4 years 4 months ago #315121 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use Case Assistance
How did you configure your plans? You should just be using the below plan setup.

Plan 1 - paid, exclusive
Plan 2 - paid, exclusive
Plan 3 - paid, exclusive
Plan 4 - free, 3 month, exclusive

You only need the below if you need to combine plans together, but not with your free 3 month intro plan.

Plan 1 - free, lifetime, exclusive
- Plan 1a - paid
- Plan 1b - paid
Plan 2 - free, 3 month, exclusive

That error can happen if you try to subscribe to a non-exclusive plan while having exclusive plans. Exclusive plans are also basically mandatory plans so at least 1 exclusive within a parent is required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315134 by nphic
Kyle,

Thanks! I think I have my plans messed up. All my plans are at the parent level. Rather than trying to explain each plan, I attached a dump of my m7alm_cbsubs_plans table in a zip file. The plans are used as follows:

1. There are five (5) plans that folks subscribe to (Government Ind, Individual, Student, Non-Profit, Corporate). The can be on only one other plan at the same time, Certified Communicator in Public Health (CCPH). This is a certification program that we have for our membership.
2. The State Dues plans are assigned by us. You can not subscribe to these plans.
3. All other plans are freebies. Of all the freebie plans, the only plans that we actually let folks subscribe to are the Share Resources and Awards Submission.

Do I have these structured properly? How would you structure these plans. BTW. I'm still getting that exclusive error when trying to sign someone up to the Annual Meeting plan.

Thanks for all your help and thoughts!
Joe
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn