[SOLVED] a few questions

4 years 4 months ago #315443 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic a few questions

krileon wrote: I've no idea what the parameters have been translated to for you, but navigate to CB > Tab Management and edit the Activity tab. Under Parameters set Asset to "user" or "profile"; either should work. This will stop it from displaying the activity of users you are connected to or following and will only display your own activity. Please read the description of the Asset parameter carefully as it explains how to use it with examples.

I took a look now and I managed to get the stream personal when visiting an other member - but I still see the whole stream (from all) on my own wall... Can I "clean" the flow also there?

The only reason for you to be seeing everyone's activity on your profile is you are connected to everyone since by default it shows the activity of the users you are connected to.

Oh I feel like a real pain in the...
But no matter how I do or what I write in the tab management / activity tab I still get all my connections in my own stream. I did a test module - and there it worked just fine! But now I can't figure out to get the modul on the members page in a tab? Is that even possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic a few questions

But no matter how I do or what I write in the tab management / activity tab I still get all my connections in my own stream. I did a test module - and there it worked just fine! But now I can't figure out to get the modul on the members page in a tab? Is that even possible?

I don't know what more to tell you. Ensure CB Activity is up to date. Editing the Asset for the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management works perfectly fine in my tests. As for displaying a module on profile it's doable with a Custom HTML field and Joomlas loadmodule usage, but it's not necessary since CB Activity provides an activity field type. Again, a second stream is not necessary; the below is the only change you need to make to the activity tab.

Once done you will only see your profile activity. This includes any posts someone makes on your activity stream, which is maybe where you're seeing some confusion in this regard? Anyone who posts on your stream is considered a part of your activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SKWebb

4 years 4 months ago #315463 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic a few questions
What a relief! I think I got confused by the swedish - english mix here. Now it's all working.

Thanks a Million! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 3 months ago #316002 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic [SOLVED] a few questions
Forgive me for writing on an older post, but i am dealing with....

1. the same issue on the TAB that was solved with kyle's solution
2. almost the same problem on plugin menu item that can not be solved this way.

Details....

Created a new menu item.
Menu Item Type: Plugin
Plugin: CB Activity
Action: My Activity
Link: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=myactivity

Here in Activity tab, no matter if i set the Asset to be "profile" or "user", i always see my connections posts too. I only want to see my activity!

What am i missing?

Thank you!

4 years 3 months ago #316005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [SOLVED] a few questions

Here in Activity tab, no matter if i set the Asset to be "profile" or "user", i always see my connections posts too. I only want to see my activity!

My Activity is the same as the activity tab. It will show your activity, your connections, and those you are following. There is no page that strictly shows only your activity. To have that use the Activity menu action and adjust the Asset like done with the activity tab to "profile".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

4 years 3 months ago #316012 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic [SOLVED] a few questions
Yes it worked with the the Activity menu action!

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn