[SOLVED] a few questions

4 years 5 months ago #315347 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic a few questions
Sorry but I don't get it... I fully agree to not "create hate" - but when clicking a "heart" (wich shows in the little icon menu) shouldn't it show a heart and not a thumbs up? What am I missing here?

And other thing - we want the members to have their own Wall when they are at their profile so we installed CB Profilebook. Works perfect with our purpose but it looked so boring when you can't do all the neet little things that you can do in CB Activity...
Can I somehow make CB Activity "personal" under every member and then have an "open" version for all to see to be used more like a forum?
Like a "small wall" under the member and a "big wall" under the forum for all to see?

I really do hope you understand my way of explaining with my swedish-english!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315353 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic a few questions

Sorry but I don't get it... I fully agree to not "create hate" - but when clicking a "heart" (wich shows in the little icon menu) shouldn't it show a heart and not a thumbs up? What am I missing here?

No it should not. That functionality is not implemented yet. Click the text link and it will show the modal window of the likes. There is where you'll see the type. That's all the type does at this time.

Can I somehow make CB Activity "personal" under every member and then have an "open" version for all to see to be used more like a forum?
Like a "small wall" under the member and a "big wall" under the forum for all to see?

You can do whatever you like with your streams as they're all tied to their Asset. If you want more streams you can create them using the Activity fieldtype or a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin followed by selecting CB Activity as the Plugin. Be sure to read the description of the Asset parameter carefully as it explains how to use it in detail with examples.

For example if you create an Activity fieldtype and set the asset to "forums" it will display on every users profile and anyone who posts to it will be visible on every profile, which would basically be a shared stream. If you leave the Asset parameter empty then it will be specific to a users profile and to that field so basically a private stream.

Note no stream is exempt from the Recent Activity page as it forces an Asset of "all" which shows all activity across the site. If you don't want this behavior simply don't use that page as at this time you can not exclude assets from a stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #315363 by SKWebb

You can do whatever you like with your streams as they're all tied to their Asset. If you want more streams you can create them using the Activity fieldtype or a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin followed by selecting CB Activity as the Plugin. Be sure to read the description of the Asset parameter carefully as it explains how to use it in detail with examples.

For example if you create an Activity fieldtype and set the asset to "forums" it will display on every users profile and anyone who posts to it will be visible on every profile, which would basically be a shared stream. If you leave the Asset parameter empty then it will be specific to a users profile and to that field so basically a private stream.

Note no stream is exempt from the Recent Activity page as it forces an Asset of "all" which shows all activity across the site. If you don't want this behavior simply don't use that page as at this time you can not exclude assets from a stream.

I managed to make a forum in Joomla menu where the whole stream is and that is working just fine. I also managed to make a "Mitt flöde" (My stream) on the members profile - but how ever I try I still get the whole stream also here... How/where do I do the settings to only have members own stream??? Is there a film on youtube where I can follow the steps?

Thanks a million for your patience!
Attachments:

4 years 5 months ago #315373 by krileon
The Activity tab by default will show your activity and the activity of your connections as well as anything you're following. That is entirely intended and works like any other social networking sites stream. If you don't want this behavior then edit the Activity tab and change the Asset to just "user" or "profile" so it won't show connections or followed activity. For your activity fields just simply do nothing with the asset (leave blank) as by default it's private to the user and that field already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #315385 by SKWebb
I'm sorry but I get confused here.... I have it all in swedish, maybe thats why...?

When on a profile, under the tab "My stream", in the settings Assets - what do I write to get the stream to just show my personal flow? Absolutly nothing is changing when I try with Private or User, with our without [ ]

I took a look now and I managed to get the stream personal when visiting an other member - but I still see the whole stream (from all) on my own wall... Can I "clean" the flow also there?

4 years 5 months ago #315390 by krileon
I've no idea what the parameters have been translated to for you, but navigate to CB > Tab Management and edit the Activity tab. Under Parameters set Asset to "user" or "profile"; either should work. This will stop it from displaying the activity of users you are connected to or following and will only display your own activity. Please read the description of the Asset parameter carefully as it explains how to use it with examples.

I took a look now and I managed to get the stream personal when visiting an other member - but I still see the whole stream (from all) on my own wall... Can I "clean" the flow also there?

The only reason for you to be seeing everyone's activity on your profile is you are connected to everyone since by default it shows the activity of the users you are connected to.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn