CB Random User Module

4 years 5 months ago #315238 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Random User Module
Using the CB Online Module gives you an error when set to Random? How many users do you have? Can you provide the error you're seeing exactly? Ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting are enabled in Joomla global configuration while testing so the actual error can output if any. If it's not giving an error then what results are you looking for?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315248 by huntrdog
Replied by huntrdog on topic CB Random User Module
Unfortunately, the CB Online module won't accomplish my needs. Looking to put a user's avatar on a sidebar, filtered by a chosen field (artist, musician, store, etc). The CB Online module also doesn't have the bells and whistles of the random user module (show without avatar, condition filter).

The CB Random User module used to work, though now, when clicking on a page where the module is enabled, I get an error page that reads, "0 Call to undefined function mysql_field_type(). I did attempt to make a new module but received the same error page.

4 years 5 months ago #315249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Random User Module
Strange, we're not calling mysql_field_type or MYSQL functions in general directly. It's all done through CB API, which is passed through Joomla API. I'm not seeing any errors in my tests. Maybe you're trying to output too many users at once? The module is template driven so it can display however you like as well by overriding its template. There is no filtering functionality though, sorry. I've no idea what random user module you were previously using through.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn