How to prevent a user from getting two usergroups.

4 years 5 months ago #315224 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have a group that has access to the backend community builder to add new users. These are allowed to view only community builder so that they dont access stuff that I do not want.
I now have normal registered users, who have access to everything but NOT to the backend.

I can see the problem though that someone will edit their own user in the backend and add them the group of the normal registered user. How can I prevent this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 5 months ago #315233 by krileon
You can't unless I guess you force usergroup assignments with CB Auto Actions acting on the after update user trigger. So for example if you've an auto action with usergroup type and you set access to your backend usergroup you could set it so if you save them it always reassigns the backend usergroup, but then you can't demote users. It maybe possible to condition them to see if they're trying to add Registered though. What issue is this causing exactly? Adding Registered shouldn't give them more backend permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn