[SOLVED] CB Blogs "Follow" function

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315374 by liaskas
[SOLVED] CB Blogs "Follow" function was created by liaskas
Hello

Is ti possible to have an auto action that will ad a "follow" button on Blogs? I see that there is already a pre-set System Action for CB Groupjive - Follow button.

It is very difficult for users to search for updates by searching though the profiles.

Blog Update stream items are not so easy to use if a large number of users update their blogs daily. For example... in our case blogs are used by members to post their company news or offers on a daily basis. So we are talking about many updates -> many stream items.

So it would be nice to have such an option, so that users can follow the blogs they want and be notified only for followed blogs updates.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315376 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Blogs "Follow" function
Easiest option is to add a Follow field to follow a users profile, which should also display their blog activity. To do this create a Follow field with an Asset of "profile.[user_id]". Blog posts don't have a profile specific asset as they're just "blog.BLOG_ID" so you can't follow a specific users blog posts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315395 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic CB Blogs "Follow" function
Thank you Kyle... works perfectly.

Case resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn