Antispam blacklist

4 years 4 months ago #315637 by pastoweb
Antispam blacklist was created by pastoweb
Hi, is it possible to check new user registrations against some antispam blacklist, and/or a list of temporary email domains?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315650 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Antispam blacklist
Yes, CB AntiSpam can have preconfigured block rules to block logins, registrations, and more. You can block ip addresses, ip ranges, email addresses, and email domains. It supports partial matching as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315659 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Antispam blacklist
Thanks, I had a look at plugin configuration but couldn't figure out how to configure blacklist, can you address me to a guide?

4 years 4 months ago #315689 by krileon
What issues are you having with creating blocks? Navigate to CB > Plugin Management and click Blocks under the CB AntiSpam plugin. From there you should be on the blocks page. Now click New on the top toolbar to create a new block. To block an email domain set Type to Email Domain and supply the domain to Value then adjust when you want the block to affect and for how long.

Another option is to edit the email field within CB > Field Management then add a comma list of domains to "Registration Forbidden Words" and "Profile Edit Forbidden Words" under Parameters > Validation to use validation to block domains from being used in that email field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 days ago #317916 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Antispam blacklist
Back on this topic...
It seems in CB is possible to add just one "block" at a time, but I need to enter a very long blacklist like this:
gist.github.com/adamloving/4401361

Is it possible to enter a whole blacklist, or mantain one somehow?

Also, integratig with some servi like this may be useful:
www.email-validator.net/block-fake-disposable-email-addresses.html

4 years 3 days ago #317925 by krileon

Is it possible to enter a whole blacklist, or mantain one somehow?

No, you'd have to create a block for each domain. Have added a feature ticket to look into supporting blocklists in a single block configuration.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7947

Also, integratig with some servi like this may be useful:

There are no plans to implement external blocking services at this time. We can't really verify what those external services would do with everyone's information as typically you're giving them someones email address to verify and could be of massive privacy concerns.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds