Checkbox hide if 0 value

4 years 3 months ago #316090 by sirweb
Checkbox hide if 0 value was created by sirweb
I have a multi select checkbox, that shows an initial value 0 in profile if it hever has been used.
When I edit (no changes) and save the profile, the 0 value disappears.
Hiw can I hide this 0 value?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #316096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Checkbox hide if 0 value
That shouldn't happen for multi-checkbox fields. Regular checkbox fields have a value of 1 or 0 for Yes or No, but multi-checkbox have an initial value of null (so nothing). Was the field a different fieldtype at some point? Did you set the "Default Registration Value" parameter for the field to 0?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 months ago #316108 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Checkbox hide if 0 value
As far as I can recall, it has always been a multiselect field.
The initial value is empty,
Thos field does not appear on registration.

I have other multi select fields in the same tab that behave as they should.

We use Add User Frontend Component to create new users (waiting for #6225) but that should not matter as the other fields behave properly.

4 years 3 months ago #316109 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Checkbox hide if 0 value

We use Add User Frontend Component to create new users (waiting for #6225) but that should not matter as the other fields behave properly.

This maybe your issue then. If it's setting the fields initial value to 0 that'll get displayed. Recommend checking _comprofiler table and see what's actually stored in the database for that user. Try creating a user through CB > User Management or normal frontend registration to see if issue is present for those users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316957 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Checkbox hide if 0 value
Just a followup…
Add User Frontend does not vause these fields to misbehave.

I haven´t found the cause of this matter, but a workaround is to save the affected profiles and the zero digit disappears.

Case is ok to Close.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn