GroupJive question

4 years 2 months ago #316470 by liaskas
GroupJive question was created by liaskas
Hello

Is there a way that the system notifies (mail or notification) Admins that a new Group has been created?

I searched the system auto actions but i did not find anything there.

Example...

User [username] created a new [type of group] Group in [groupcategory]. You can view the new Group here-> link to the new group.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316479 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive question
Only if the group requires moderator approval to be created. Beyond that no there's no general notification for group creation. Suppose you could configure one using CB Auto Actions acting on gj_onAfterCreateGroup trigger with an Email action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316483 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic GroupJive question
Thank you for your reply.

Can you please point me the way to set the auto action mail include...

groupowner username
group category
group type (Approve, invite...)
Group name

so that admins can know where to find this new group?

4 years 2 months ago #316492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive question
Substitutions should be from the user who created the group so [username] for example should be the username of the user who created the group. As for the groups details that trigger only has 1 variable (var1) which contains the group object. To access the group name using that variable for example you'd use [var1_name].

Both category and type are integers though so using [var1_type] just gives you the stored integer type. You maybe able to use format functions to get the string type though. Be sure to enable format functions under the parameters tab then try the below to call the type function as part of the group object.

[cb:parse function="type" class="var1" /]

You won't be able to access the category name from here. It maybe possible with the below format function, but I'm unsure if it will work.

[cb:parse function="category" class="var1" method="get" get="name" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds