CB Activity comments in joomla articles

4 years 2 months ago #316692 by crealiagroup
CB Activity comments in joomla articles was created by crealiagroup
Does CB Activity allow users to leave comments in joomla's articles and also stream those activities in the CB stream module or page menu item?

If yes, how could I set plugins to allow comments in articles?

Also, if yes, i suppose that every article will have it's own relative comments boxed under the article. Right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316699 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity comments in joomla articles
For Joomla articles to create activity entries you need to enable that system action within CB Auto Actions > System Actions. Note it uses CB Articles to integrate with Joomla content or K2 so CB Articles needs to be enabled for that activity entry to display properly.

If yes, how could I set plugins to allow comments in articles?

You can enable article comment streams within the CB Activity Bot within Extensions > Plugins.

Also, if yes, i suppose that every article will have it's own relative comments boxed under the article. Right?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316798 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB Activity comments in joomla articles
I cannot understand how it works or maybe I misunderstood what I would expect.

WhatI expect isacomment box and comments in articles where I want to show comments. Something like a classic blog articles with comments at the bottom of it.
Also I would expect that those comments can be displayed in CB Activity stream in user tab or module.

Now, those are my steps to try to follow your suggestion:
1) activated CB Auto Action plugin
2) inside system auto action I've activated CB Articles - Comment Notification
3) activated Content - CB Activity plugin

So, if I did not misunderstood what I would expect. Whatelse should I do to show comment box and comments unders articles and also display comments activities in the CB Activity stream?

Thanks in advance.

4 years 1 month ago #316810 by krileon

WhatI expect isacomment box and comments in articles where I want to show comments. Something like a classic blog articles with comments at the bottom of it.

That's exactly what enabling the comments in the CB Activity Bot will do.

Also I would expect that those comments can be displayed in CB Activity stream in user tab or module.

It will display the comments if there's an activity entry for that article. The comments will display as attached to the activity entry as would any comments on an activity entry (below it).

Now, those are my steps to try to follow your suggestion:
1) activated CB Auto Action plugin
2) inside system auto action I've activated CB Articles - Comment Notification
3) activated Content - CB Activity plugin

You need to edit the CB Activity Bot in Extensions > Plugins and enable commenting. There's a tab of parameters specifically for that functionality. In CB Auto Actions you need to enable "CB Articles - Create" system action if your want articles to create activity entries when the article is created. Next ensure CB Articles is published in CB > Plugin Management (should be by default). That's all that is necessary. "CB Articles - Comment Notification" is just a notification; it does not create activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317051 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB Activity comments in joomla articles
Ok, I've found that my issue was related to template. So, everything was configured as you mentioned before.
Anyway I cannot see the comments in the CB Activity stream. What should I do to display them?

Also, I've createda new article via backend but I cannot see the activity about the new article in the CB Activity stream, why?

4 years 1 month ago #317066 by krileon
Does the article activity exist in CB Activity > Activity? If it does it was created successfully and should display. If it's not displaying ensure that activity entry is published. If still not displaying ensure CB Articles is published in CB > Plugin Management as it's used for handling the parsing of the display.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn