Image moderation

4 years 1 month ago #316864 by jeroen aalders
Image moderation was created by jeroen aalders
On our site, it is not always obvious for the user who uploaded an image, that this awaits moderation. Is there an easy way to add an image temporarily that displays that the image is pending moderation? Perhaps even the idea of a temporary overlay might be interesting to add to a new feature release? And where can I edit the automatically send 'moderation' emails with for example the email body: "Your image has been approved by a moderator."?

Hope to hear from you soon...

Jeroen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Image moderation

On our site, it is not always obvious for the user who uploaded an image, that this awaits moderation. Is there an easy way to add an image temporarily that displays that the image is pending moderation?

Not sure I understand what you mean. If you view the users profile it will show the approval buttons. If you view the image approval page it will show the images pending approval and from whom with link to their profile. You should be able to reach the image approval page either through the CB Workflows Module or using Joomla menu item.

And where can I edit the automatically send 'moderation' emails with for example the email body: "Your image has been approved by a moderator."?

Most emails do not have parameters for editing them. Instead you use language overrides to override their language strings to edit them. See the below on how to use language overrides.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316885 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic Image moderation
I fully understand the moderator part...
But I would like to improve the user experience, thus what I wrote concerns the user that has uploaded an image which is awaiting my approval...

"it is not always obvious for the user who uploaded an image, that this awaits moderation. Is there an easy way to add an image temporarily that displays for example a greyed-out default image that the image is pending moderation, which is then substituted once approved? Or do you have any other on-site suggestions that could make it more clear for the users?"

OK I found the language overrides but there isn't one that sends a message to the user mentioning that the image is pending of approval. I only saw accepted or rejected. If I would like such an email send, should I use an auto action? And if so, could you0 give some clues on how to configure such a mailing?

Thanks!

4 years 1 month ago #316895 by krileon

"it is not always obvious for the user who uploaded an image, that this awaits moderation. Is there an easy way to add an image temporarily that displays for example a greyed-out default image that the image is pending moderation, which is then substituted once approved? Or do you have any other on-site suggestions that could make it more clear for the users?"

There already are pending approval images displayed when avatar or canvas is pending approval. You can configure them within the avatar field as well if you want to specify new images. Review the Image Display parameters of your avatar and canvas field to customize how the fields display.

OK I found the language overrides but there isn't one that sends a message to the user mentioning that the image is pending of approval. I only saw accepted or rejected. If I would like such an email send, should I use an auto action? And if so, could you0 give some clues on how to configure such a mailing?

We don't send an email that an image is pending approval. So to have such an email you'd need to use CB Auto Actions and its Email action acting on onAfterUserAvatarUpdate and check if its approved column is equal to 0 for unapproved. The approved columns are just the field name + approved. So for example avatarapproved and canvasapproved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316922 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic Image moderation
Both for the pending images as the autoaction mailing message, you speak of reviewing the Image Display parameters of your avatar and canvas field to customize how the fields display, with which I am familiar, but does this also work for other image (upload) fields?

4 years 1 month ago #316944 by krileon
Yes, the pending image parameter works for any image fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds