How to change plans when members move back and forth between then

4 years 1 month ago #316865 by petekuhn
CB 2.4.3
4.3.1+build.2020.02.13.15.08.12.b504dddb8

We allow members to either pay for membership or work a certain number of hours for us. We have a member who had a paid membership, changed it at some point on renewal to a work hours membership, and now wants to change it back on renewal to a paid membership. The system isn't giving him that option (nor can I do it in the back-end, no surprise).

From other posts here, I'm guessing that the original paid subscription has been marked as upgraded, so it's no longer an upgrade option for the member.

How can I set it up so that members can go back and forth between plans over time as they renew?A parent/child schema won't do it, I don't think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316873 by krileon
Set both plans to Exclusive then under the Workflows tab set "Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive" for both plans to "No: It will be possible to upgrade to this plan (for free with pro-rating) if all conditions below and elsewhere are met" followed by "Propose spontaneously plan for upgrades" being set to "Yes". This should allow them to upgrade back and forth as needed assuming there are no other conditions blocking access to the plan (e.g. usergroup access, view access level access, or conditions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316881 by petekuhn
I tried that and it didn't work. Attached is a screen shot.

You'll see the two subscriptions at the top, one upgraded and one expired. There is no option to upgrade to the upgraded one, renew it, etc.

The only condition is that there be a subscription (the list includes both of these and some others), and the state is not relevant.
Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #316893 by krileon
That's from backend which has some extra management steps. Does it work fine on frontend? In backend I believe for this to work you have to delete one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #316901 by petekuhn
No, it doesn't work. Here's what we see on the frontend for this user:

Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #316910 by krileon
Strange, that should allow them to go back to the previous plan. Did you set "Propose plan for upgrades only if it is more expensive" to "No" for both plans? Please PM (see signature for link) backend super administrator login credentials and will review the plan configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn