[auto actions] using a variable to as login for auto action "login"

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #316930 by smalldragoon
Hi,
I would like to use a session variable that I defined to specify the username in the autoaction "login"
I tried , being almost sure it will not work like that some php code ( see screenshot ) with a get session
How can I use the value from the session variable ?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316947 by krileon
You can't just run PHP anywhere. The parameter has to specifically support it. The only way to run functions inline like that is using Format Functions (see Parameters tab for usage examples). You can however access session data as long as it's not stored in the Joomla session using [session_KEY] (e.g. [session_collected_user]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smalldragoon

4 years 3 weeks ago #316982 by smalldragoon
Hi Thank you, in fact my other post leads to same answer... I will use normal session variable
Thx !
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn