[auto actions] issue with page reload after login action

4 years 1 month ago #317021 by smalldragoon
Hi,
I'm using auto login feature ( to simplify, let's say that when a cookie TSUSER is found , then action is trigered and cookie value being the username is

used as parameter ( see attached screenshot ).
Action is trigerred, as I get notifications ( see screenshot ), butas you can see, the login form remains and page is not reloaded.
According help from the "redirect field", it says beeing empty , the page is reload, but this is not happening.
Of course, I tested, if I reload the page manually, it works as expected.
How to solve this ?
thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317030 by krileon
I can not stress this enough. Do not do this. That is a absolutely massive security vulnerability. Anyone can edit their cookies to whatever they want. I could edit my cookie value to your username and login to your account if you did that for example. Sorry, I can not advise you on something like this; if you wish to implement this you will have to do so on your own at your own risk. Use the Remember Me function that already exists as part of Joomla/CB to re-login a expired session.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317053 by smalldragoon
Hi Krileon, you mis-understood.
I do NOT want to do the "remember me function". I'm concurrently using the username in cookie to do troubleshooting. FYTK, I will gather and use the username through the JWT token when I will have basic proper behavior.
Having that said, the question is : as the login action is triggered and working ( I'm using a message queue to display, it is ok ) , how can I avoid to have to hit reload button to get everything like I would have filled the login form. ( in the screenshot, user is logged in but the login form is still displayed )
Thanks !

4 years 1 month ago #317067 by krileon
Set a redirect in the login action so the redirect is done for you. There's no way to live update the pages display. By the time you fire the auto action Joomla has already checked user state and session so it doesn't see your login state until after a reload.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn