[#7877] Editing Privacy on a user's field in admin panel fails

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317022 by JagaTelesin
Joomla version: 3.9.15 Stable
CB Core: 2.4.3+build.2020.02.07.20.13.26.ec81678eb
Privacy plugin: 6.1.0+build.2019.12.02.18.07.14.df9541195

Editing a user on the back-end (Joomla admin panel -> Community Builder -> User Management) I can change field values, but when I attempt to change privacy settings on that field, the icon/text on the button goes grey (not black like an accepted setting would be), and never changes to black. If I save (or save & close) the user, then re-open them for editing again, the setting shows the unchanged value. If I am editing the privacy and change it back to it's original value, it stays grey (both icon & text). It appears like any change to a privacy setting is not accepted in the back-end.

This happens when editing any user type on the back-end: Super users, or regular Registered users. The account used to login for editing on the back end is the original Joomla Super User account. I have not blocked back-end access for editing privacy options.

Editing them via the front-end however (using the same Super User login), does work. Changed privacy on any field does not 'go grey', it changes to black and will save appropriately.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317031 by krileon
Not sure what you mean by goes grey. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue? Appears to be working fine in my tests. Are you using a custom backend Joomla template? If so switch back to default Isis backend template and see if issue persists. It's also possible something in one of the tabs is causing a JS error causing the CB Privacy JS to fail. Try unpublishing non-core tabs within CB > Tab Management 1 by 1 until issue resolves to see if it's a conflict from another tab or field on a tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317055 by JagaTelesin
Attaching two images of what I'm seeing. The first is right after opening the user's record for edit - the field shows permissions to the right with a black icon, and black text.

The second is after choosing a new privacy setting for the field - it changes color on the icon & text to grey, and the privacy setting is never saved on the back-end.

Changing front-end privacy on any field for any user works fine. I'm using the default Isis template for the Admin panel. I had CacheCleaner (plugin from Regular Labs) installed, but deactivating or uninstalling it doesn't change the symptom. I am using a RocketTheme Gantry 5 template for the front-end, but as indicated privacy changes work fine using it. I have RokBooster installed, but disabling it doesn't resolve the issue.

I see the following error line pop up in the Development console for the browser when attempting to change a privacy setting:

jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=5eb7f75c6a9b7577:1 POST www.my-domain.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbprivacy&action=privacy&func=save&privacy=af37fb86108da03f15ab26c8e56eaf62&Itemid=305&format=raw 401

That makes it look like there's a permissions error with the attempt to edit the privacy field for that data field (a 401 result), but it's just a guess. I am using SSL across the entire site, for all pages (self-signed cert on the server).

I unpublished all non-core CB tabs, with no change in behavior.

If it was a server setting, it should be blocking front-end changes along with back-end changes (both use AJAX), but it isn't. I'm at a loss for why it is happening.
Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #317068 by krileon
It shouldn't be sending an HTTP request at all. Ajax privacy rule saving has no purpose in profile edit and is used for other usecases. I am guessing you enabled ajax globally within CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Display. If so disable it or disable it individually within your fields integration parameters. Privacy rules for user edit are saved at time of user save.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JagaTelesin

4 years 1 month ago #317083 by JagaTelesin
That appears to have fixed it. It's unfortunate that you can't change the privacy field without saving the entire record, but whatever works.

Thank you.

4 years 1 month ago #317093 by krileon
The ajax behavior should work. This helps confirm a bug. Have added a bug ticket to investigate why the ajax save is failing for profile edit privacy controls.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7877

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn