Tabs Layout in Community Builder is no longer working/showing up on site.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317049 by urbanguru
Hello,

I seem to have lost my tab menu on my profile pages. They also no longer work on any pages using tabs such as the registration page and the profile edit page. I had to change them from tabbed to flat layout in the configuration menu to get those to work. I cannot do the same for the profile pages themselves. Keep in mind, these were working just fine until recently, and I have made no changes to the layout or configuration. I have only been updating the CB component and plugins. I there anyone else that this has happened to? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Ryan
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317064 by krileon
Only reason for them to fail is a fatal JS error breaking their JS. Your console tab is showing 1 fatal error. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and purge Joomla cache then see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317085 by urbanguru
Hello,

I did as you suggested and it still does not work in Protostar template. I am not sure how to figure out what is killing the site. I can try turning off things one at a time and see if I can stumble upon the conflicting plugin. I wish I knew more about dealing with these types of issues. If you could help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Ryan

4 years 2 weeks ago #317094 by krileon
Broken HTML in a Custom HTML field could also cause it to fail. Unpublish any Custom HTML fields you may have in CB > Field Management. If issue persists the only other option is 1 by 1 unpublishing non-core CB plugins in CB > Plugin Management and tabs in CB > Tab Management to see if it's something CB related breaking it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317109 by urbanguru
Hey Kyle,

So it looks like it CB Activity that is the problem. When I unpublished that, it works perfectly, however, that is a huge part of the functionality of my site. Are there any fixes for this? can I use an older version that worked? Is it possible to get an older version? Please let me know. Thanks!

Best,

Ryan

4 years 2 weeks ago #317110 by urbanguru
Update:

I was messing with the configuration of CB and found that if I click YES on show empty tabs, it does the same thing as turning on the CB Activity plugin. The remaining tabs for My Blog and Groups disappear and the remaining items stop working on that page. I uploaded screen shots to show what is happening.

This is with CB Activity turned OFF

This is the CB Configuration that I changed

This is the result of making that change

That is the same thing that happens when I publish CB Activity. I wonder if there is something wrong with CB Core. What do you think?

Ryan
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn