Tabs Layout in Community Builder is no longer working/showing up on site.

4 years 1 month ago #317228 by urbanguru
I apologize Kyle. You are correct. I got CB Activities confused with ProfileWall. I is interesting to note that I made no changes to the Tabs location, so I'm not sure how CB Activities got moved to the nested position. But all good now. One last question. I just got a notice to upgrade CB. I wanted to make sure that the patch you made for my version was incorporated into the latest update before I install it. Please let me know. Thanks!

Ryan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317230 by urbanguru
I just realized that when I tried to change the CB Activity tab to show up where the Profilewall was, it's not showing up, I also see that there is at least one more tab that is not showing up and that the the Guestbook. I don't really care about the guestbook, but I'm just mentioning it since it's not showing up and may be related to a core issue since it's a different plug in. Also, I think I'm going to place the tab in the Main tab menu anyway and it does work in that tab position.

On a side note, I was wondering if you could give me the filter that would make it so the user only sees their posts on their page, and only their connections posts on the public wall. (like facebook) Thanks!

Ryan

4 years 1 month ago #317246 by krileon

I wanted to make sure that the patch you made for my version was incorporated into the latest update before I install it. Please let me know. Thanks!

Yup that fix is part of CB now.

I just realized that when I tried to change the CB Activity tab to show up where the Profilewall was, it's not showing up, I also see that there is at least one more tab that is not showing up and that the the Guestbook. I don't really care about the guestbook, but I'm just mentioning it since it's not showing up and may be related to a core issue since it's a different plug in. Also, I think I'm going to place the tab in the Main tab menu anyway and it does work in that tab position.

Tabs have positions and display modes. Your activity tabs was in the Canvas Main Menu position with a Nested Menu display mode. Just moving its position won't let it display unless the position contains other tabs utilizing the Tab Menu display. Change its display mode to "Tab Horizontal (Left/Right)" for example then move it to a non-canvas position and it should display as expected. This is covered in the CB Primer Book.

On a side note, I was wondering if you could give me the filter that would make it so the user only sees their posts on their page, and only their connections posts on the public wall. (like facebook) Thanks!

It already does that assuming you didn't change the Asset parameter of the activity tab. They should only see activity relevant to them (e.g. their posts, their connections posts, groups they've joined, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317264 by urbanguru
Thanks Kyle!

Ryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn