Joomla Users and Simple Display

4 years 2 weeks ago #317077 by Spiralmind
Joomla Users and Simple Display was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I have a specific need for a way to have my client manage users from the frontend (or backend if that's required) to manage and generate a list for registered users to see each other's information.

1. Staff manager can create users
2. Users need certain contact fields, Name, Position, Phone to display in a list on the frontend for other registered users to see.
3. Users can edit Email and phone number only and change their password

I was going to use the built-in Joomla user manager and Contact component but they don't sync with each other and these fields are not availble in the user area.

Is it possible to do this with CB?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla Users and Simple Display

Staff manager can create users

This is only possible from backend without using 3rd party or custom solutions.

Users need certain contact fields, Name, Position, Phone to display in a list on the frontend for other registered users to see.

Doable using a userlist created in CB > List Management.

Users can edit Email and phone number only and change their password

You can set whatever fields you like as read only or adjust their edit display as needed in CB > Field Management.

Is it possible to do this with CB?

Yes, seams like basic core CB usage; you don't need any plugins beyond core CB based off your list of needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317098 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Joomla Users and Simple Display
Hi, thanks for your reply. I need a slight clarification on this point.

This is only possible from backend without using 3rd party or custom solutions.

Can they create users in CB in the backend and not have access to the User Manager in Joomla?

4 years 2 weeks ago #317101 by krileon

Can they create users in CB in the backend and not have access to the User Manager in Joomla?

Possibly if you heavily utilize permissions to limit what they can access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317102 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Joomla Users and Simple Display
My goal is to have them create a user in one place with the fields I need filled in. Would they create users in the CB interface or the Joomla User area? I was hoping they could create them in the CB interface and not have to go into the Joomla User area. I can turn off access to that pretty easily if this is possible.

Thank you

4 years 2 weeks ago #317107 by krileon
They would need to be using CB > User Management for managing the users. You'd have to use permissions to try and prevent access to Joomla user manager so they don't access it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn