Mass Add Group

4 years 1 month ago #317089 by thejungle
Mass Add Group was created by thejungle
I've set up an auto action to add new Registered users to a group called "Members". (I used onAfterNewUser) This works OK, but I want to add my 23000 users to the group as well. What trigger can I add for a 1 off action? I've tried a few including onAfterUserUpdate but it's not working.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317096 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Add Group
You should be able to use the Batch Tools within CB > User Management to mass modify the usergroups of your users. It's also safe to use Joomlas batch tool for this in Users > Manage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317104 by thejungle
Replied by thejungle on topic Mass Add Group
It'll will take some time as I can only select a max of 500 users at a time or the site crashes, as I have 23000+

4 years 1 month ago #317105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mass Add Group
There's not an efficient API method for doing what you're doing. Editing and storing that many user objects is a heavy operation. Fastest way would be to directly handle this in the database query queries. Your alternative is to handle giving them the usergroup on their next login using CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds