Connect and Microsoft Live

4 years 2 weeks ago #317106 by danielfruth
Connect and Microsoft Live was created by danielfruth
I am trying to get the Microsoft Live login to function. I went to the tutorial section and noticed that it is out of date. Microsoft Live is defunct and Azure has taken its place. I read that you can use Azure to log in similarly to the old Microsoft Live, so I made an Azure account and stumbled through a few tutorials (also outdated) on how to get a client ID and secret key. There was a bit of confusion since it appeared my account had a 3rd party's directory entangled in it but I finally got that ironed out.

Still, I have the ID's but I think the configuration on the backend of Azure is not correct since I get the message:

"We're unable to complete your request
unauthorized_client: The client does not exist or is not enabled for consumers. If you are the application developer, configure a new application through the App Registrations in the Azure Portal at go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2083908."

Do you or anyone else have guidance on the settings for how to get this to work or am I trying to get a square peg to fit in a round hole?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connect and Microsoft Live
The API usage and endpoints is unchanged, but yes the application process has changed. The below link should guide you through making an application.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/advertising/guides/authentication-oauth-live-connect?view=bingads-13

When asked for the Callback URL supply it without its query string. This is a known bug that needs to be fixed since they changed how the URL is supplied. Example as follows.

Provided by CB Connect:
DOMAIN/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?provider=windowslive

Use the following:
DOMAIN/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn