[SOLVED] DB consistency check error on User Fields after 2.4.4 upgrade

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317118 by JagaTelesin
Installed CB 2.4.4 today, immediately started DB consistency checks.

CB is reporting some of the fields (that I created for a custom CB table) to be longtext instead of json, and offering to fix them. It appears to have done a couple successfully (or it tried the same one previously and I didn't notice it until the third iteration), but is stalling out on a field group (that holds the custom fields on the same tab). Here is what it reports:

Table #__comprofiler Column cb_my_sims_field_group type is longtext instead of json

After clicking the "Click here to fix", it reports it completes successfully, but then the next error the checker finds is exactly the same - the field group type is still longtext. Apparently it never resolves the issue correctly, or it is somehow a false-positive that it can't work around.

Advice would be appreciated - if you need SU back-end access it can be provided.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317125 by krileon
It should only be reporting that if you're doing the strict column type tools check. If you're not on MySQL 5.7.8+ it won't be able to change that column to JSON type. If you're on MariaDB then it may not check this properly as MariaDB is not supported. It may fail also fail to change the type if the column does not contain valid JSON. You can try changing the columns type manually using phpmyadmin and editing the _comprofiler table, but aside from that you can just ignore it as field group fields are designed to work with TEXT or JSON column type based off database version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JagaTelesin

4 years 2 weeks ago #317149 by JagaTelesin
Seems like you nailed it - current MySQL version is "10.3.22-MariaDB-log-cll-lve". If it's not harming anything I'll leave it alone. We just like to do consistency checks after code updates for smooth sailing.

Thanks krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn