[SOLVED] Gallery display using all member images

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #317151 by JagaTelesin
We'd like to display a page with the last X images from all member's galleries. So far the only way I've found to do this "community gallery" is to use the CB Gallery Module, but it has the limitation of only showing two columns of images and ends up making the thumbs horribly large on the page.

Is there an easier way to do the equivalent of a "social gallery stream" where it picks perhaps 100 images from everyone's galleries, and displays them on a page with more than two columns (using pagination of course)? Or can I reformat the Gallery Module to suit that purpose, and will it paginate?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317159 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery display using all member images
You can have as many galleries as you want and what they display is entirely based off the Asset of the gallery. Profile galleries store their entries to profile.USER_ID asset (e.g. profile.32, profile.59, profile.72). To display media from every profile gallery you'd need to use the % wildcard in the asset. Specifically instead of profile.USER_ID you'd use profile.%. See the Asset parameter description for further usage information as it contains several more examples.

As for having a gallery page you can create a Joomla menu item to the CB Gallery plugin by selecting Community Builder > Plugin menu type then for Plugin select CB Gallery.

Regarding pagination in the CB Gallery module it already supports that. Simply adjust the paging parameters in the module under the Media tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JagaTelesin

4 years 1 month ago #317182 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic Gallery display using all member images

krileon wrote: As for having a gallery page you can create a Joomla menu item to the CB Gallery plugin by selecting Community Builder > Plugin menu type then for Plugin select CB Gallery.

Ahhh, that did the trick! I hadn't thought of using a menu link to the Gallery plugin type for CB. I was stuck on trying to integrate the module instead, and wondering why I couldn't change the layout.

Perfect solution, thanks krileon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn