Main mail adress on profile

4 years 1 month ago #317156 by erwinds
Main mail adress on profile was created by erwinds
Dear,

Is it possible not to show the main mail address for certain groups on the profile?
Now it is the same for all groups.
So to be able to set at group level?

Best regards,
Erwin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #317166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Main mail adress on profile
There never was functionality for exposing the email address to specific groups. It's either a link to the email form, email address with mailto link, email address, or hidden. This is configured using the "Email Handling" parameter in CB > Configuration > General. You can however substitute the email field into a Custom HTML field then use something like CB Privacy with a forced privacy control to limit its visibility to moderators or place it on a tab only accessible to moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317174 by erwinds
Replied by erwinds on topic Main mail adress on profile
Yes, but can i also use this field to use mass mailer?

Attachments:

4 years 1 month ago #317176 by krileon
The mass mailer is for sending custom emails to multiple users. Specifically the users you've selected in the table below. That doesn't have anything to do with displaying the email address on their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago #317178 by erwinds
Replied by erwinds on topic Main mail adress on profile
What I meant can also use a different field for mass mail as the default email field?
sorry for my english i am dutch

4 years 1 month ago #317179 by krileon
It is not possible to change the recipient email address when using Mass Mailer. It will always use the primary email address on the account. You can supply additional To addresses however if you choose to manually supply those email addresses, but that's the only way to do what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn