Editing list information from front end

4 years 4 weeks ago #317234 by shanenefdt
Editing list information from front end was created by shanenefdt
Good day,

Is it possible to edit the list information from the front end without having to access the user's profile individually?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 weeks ago #317248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing list information from front end
You could use a userlist then using CB Core Fields Ajax enable ajax editing of fields on userlists. Aside from that I guess just linking to their profile edit from a userlist could work so you skip visiting their actual profile. You should be able to output such a link using a Custom HTML field and the [cb:url location="profile_edit" /] substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 weeks ago #317258 by shanenefdt
Replied by shanenefdt on topic Editing list information from front end
Thanks for your feedback.

I have spent most of today looking through my site, Joomlapolis tutorials, documentation and the like for further assistance but to no avail. I fail to implement the inline editing in the lists. I may be overlooking the real issue here - is it possible you could assist me with this?

4 years 3 weeks ago #317271 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing list information from front end
You need to install CB Core Fields Ajax. Once that's done edit the fields within CB > Field Management that you want to be able to edit from your userlist and under Integrations > CB Core Fields Ajax > Userlist set Display to Enabled to enable ajax editing on userlists for that field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn