[SOLVED] Cb Activity - Add a Video Youtube Url by wall

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317336 by Julien04
Hello,

I wish that wall's user can upload a youtube video link by gallery in wall activity.

I have configure my activity field : Activity > Gallery > Imports : Active (screenshoot1)

With it, i can just upload a picture in the wall. But for video link, we cant copy/past url by the wall. The box isnt display in. (screenshoot2)

For the picture, its work. It add in gallery user after post by the wall.

In my CB gallery - add a picture or a video, the box is display and work well (screenshoot3)

A other option need to be actived in Activity or in a other place ? I have see all option but havnt found it..

Can you help me please ?

Julien
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cb Activity - Add a Video Youtube Url by wall
Click the link icon to the left of the photo icon and add it as an attachment. You can't do CB Gallery links from CB Activity at this time as it only allows uploads there since CB Activity already has a link feature. You should also be able to just add the youtube link directly in the post and it should automatically attach it unless "Embedded Links" is disabled in Activity > Links > Create for that stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317360 by Julien04
Replied by Julien04 on topic Cb Activity - Add a Video Youtube Url by wall
Thanks for your reply!

Ok, i will use link to propose a youtube video link and others.

Last question, when i add a site web link, it display metadata of site web and his logo, its nice !

For youtube link just the url is display, can we have a preview display in the wall with a possibility of view directly the video ? Or maybe can we use a youtube plugin same in Article per exemple to create a bridge ? It's possible ?

Julien

4 years 3 weeks ago #317371 by krileon
When using the attachment feature (the link icon) and supplying a YouTube video URL it will grab that videos title and description same as it does with page URLs and their metadata. It should already link to the video directly. The below is what it should look like. Beyond that I don't understand what you're asking, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317389 by Julien04
Replied by Julien04 on topic Cb Activity - Add a Video Youtube Url by wall
Hello,

Its this that i would ! Its work with you.

For me, the link doesnt display video in wall, just his url without metadata!

Maybe i havnt activate an option to ?
Attachments:

4 years 2 weeks ago #317407 by krileon
I've no idea. This works fine in all my tests on 2 local installs and our demo site. Ensure CB Activity is up to date. If you're using a custom CB Activity template then change it back to default to see if that resolves it. You can try clearing the URL cache and making a new post with the URL again by deleting the below folder.

/cache/activity_links

Without a means for me to reliably reproduce the issue and no errors on your end there isn't really a way for me to track down why this fails for you. At the very least it should still detect that the youtube URL is a video and output the video embed. It should parse fine as long as the cURL request to the supplied URL replies with a 200 response code.

Will review improving the error output for attachment parsing so that maybe it can be more clear why a URL fails to parse.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7902

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.759 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn