[#8257] Plugin AutoAction installation problem

3 years 5 months ago #321479 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Plugin AutoAction installation problem
Hi everyone, unfortunately I'm still here trying to fix the problem.
I was hoping for a solution with new updates. Instead the situation remains the same, even on clean Joomla installations and only with the AutoAction Plugin installed (which I can't even install, getting the errors I have already indicated).
Surely the problem is in the configuration of the localhost server because on online servers I have no problem.
I use Xampp php version
7.3.24 exactly this file Xampphttps://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/files/XAMPP%20Windows/7.3.24/xampp-windows-x64-7.3.24-0-VC15.zip/download with setup standard via file setup_xampp.bat. Everything works except the AutoAction Plugin.
I ask you to try my setup or provide me with the server requirements needed to make the plugin work. All folders are writable, I don't know what else to look at. Thanks for the support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321480 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin AutoAction installation problem
We do not provide support for localhost environments. I do not know why your localhost install does not work. It's either a server configuration problem or even possibly a permissions issue on your computer itself. I do not recommend using XAMPP for localhost either. I suggest using Laragon, at worst WampServer, and at best using Docker.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321481 by AchLive
Thanks for the reply.
I understand that you don't provide support for localhost but the problem is not just on one site but on all my sites in localhost that have the plugin installed.
I followed your advice and installed the Laragon webserver. Even with Laragon everything works perfectly except the AutoAction plugin which keeps giving the same error even on clean Joomla installations.
At this point it would be useful to know what basic settings a server should have to allow the plugin to work properly, necessary php extensions or anything else that may be useful to know. On my localhost all folders are writable, the server settings are standard and I repeat only AutoAction does not work while the rest works perfectly.
Try installing a local webserver yourself and installing AutoAction to see if you get the same problem.
Thanks for the support

3 years 5 months ago #321496 by krileon
Again, I can not help you with localhost issues. It is an unrealistic environment to debug. If you experience this on a live site then I can debug this further. Any number of issues could be caused entirely by your computer. CB Auto Actions works perfectly fine in all my localhost environments. Try deleting the below directory to delete CB Auto Actions in the file system only then try reinstalling it.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions

If the below legacy folder still exists then also delete it.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/libraries/CB/Plugin/AutoActions

I don't know what else to suggest. For whatever reason the autoloader is failing to find CB Auto Actions in your localhost environment. The only way for a localhost environment to properly match a live environment is to use virtual setups (e.g. using Docker) so it's containerized.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #321508 by AchLive
The problem started with the version plug_cbautoactions_8.0.0 + build.2020.03.25.16.51.21.74781989c.zip the previous versions never gave problems and still continue to work today.
Obviously the problem will be with my computer but it is a problem that comes out only from version 8.0.0 + build.2020.03.25.16.51.21.74781989c onwards. Probably things have changed, I guess system requirements or installation procedure or I don't know what, but something has changed.
Could I please know in detail the minimum requirements necessary to make the plugin work?
Permissions on folders, necessary php extensions, etc.
I will try to check my configuration, without precise information it is impossible to intercept the problem.
Thanks again for the information you will give me.

3 years 5 months ago #321511 by krileon
That's the version we implemented usage of the auto loader. All our plugins are using the same auto loader behavior so I've no idea why CB Auto Actions specifically is having this issue. Previous versions just duplicated the library files, which was a bad way to do it.

Could I please know in detail the minimum requirements necessary to make the plugin work?
Permissions on folders, necessary php extensions, etc.
I will try to check my configuration, without precise information it is impossible to intercept the problem.

I cannot give you the details you want. I am not a server expert. Standard linux server setup would be ideal, which you can mimic using Docker. It doesn't seam to be your localhost server, but probably your computer. I am using Laragon (soon to use Docker instead) and previously WampServer where CB Auto Actions worked fine out of the box with zero changes to the defaults for both.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn