[#7899] Blue Download button for files in Album not working

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 4 days ago #317379 by JagaTelesin
We're opening up our site publicly today, and as part of the pre-launch test I was going through content to check it for access.

Any file in an album that I've "linked" (not uploaded) isn't downloadable using the blue "Download" button in the lightbox-style display. The button instead links to the Member Galleries page.

Only clicking the blue filename itself will initiate a download of the linked file.

This is on a CB Gallery Bot embed of the Album(s) into an article. I have tried using files_download="TRUE" on the insertions, with no success. Even the album owner cannot use the blue Download button.

It's a bit of a launch disaster, especially on a Friday.
2 months 1 week ago #317380 by JagaTelesin
Update: the issue is directly related to files that are linked. Uploading the files makes them available via the blue "Download" button. Linking them breaks the Download button completely.
2 months 4 days ago #317399 by krileon
You shouldn't even see a download button for linked media. Linked media can't be downloaded as it's from an external source. Have added a bug ticket to fix as the button should be suppressed for linked media.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7899

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Templates - CBSubs - Hosting - Forge - Incubator - GroupJive
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM EST to 4:00 PM EST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.395 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn