CB Activity Error

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317387 by Stjameschurch
CB Activity Error was created by Stjameschurch
I'm new to Community Builder and still a relatively inexperienced Joomla 3 web builder. I recently downloaded the Community Builder and the modules including CB Activity. We are using Joomla! 3.9.16 and CB 2.4.4. When I downloaded the CB Activity module and installed it I get a message saying "Error
An error has occurred."
This is present in the modules management in Joomla, but I do not know what the error is and would appreciate some assistance.
For information we are a church with limited financial resources and I am trying to set up a community during the Coronavirus Pandemic, which if successful will be continued
regards
David

Update:
I've uninstalled and re-installed the module and added to the template, it now tells me that CB Activity is not installed
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317404 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Error
Sounds like you installed the module and not CB Activity itself. CB Activity is a CB plugin, Joomla module, and Joomla content plugin. The content plugin and module won't function without the CB plugin. Ensure you've installed the CB Activity CB plugin. We'll be improving our downloads page soon to make this easier in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stjameschurch

4 years 3 weeks ago #317408 by Stjameschurch
Replied by Stjameschurch on topic CB Activity Error
Thank you for your reply, I have downloaded the plugins again but still can't get it to work. I have attached the screenshot of the CB Plugins am I missing something else?

Also attached screen shot of modules

I appreciate your assistance as I learn

David
Attachments:

4 years 3 weeks ago #317410 by krileon
You do not have CB Activity installed. You have its Joomla content plugin and module installed. You need to install the CB plugin. Recommend just downloading the preset, which includes all 3. You can find the preset below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/presets

Once we redesign our downloads this won't be possible anymore as we are going to always bundle all 3 together.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317411 by krileon
I also recommend taking a look at CB Quickstart if you're trying to get a quick social network up and running as it includes everything you need for a basic social network and configures it for you.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-quickstart

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 3 weeks ago #317412 by Stjameschurch
Replied by Stjameschurch on topic CB Activity Error
i had downloaded this preset and installed it through the Joomla/Extensions/manage install from package file (in fact I have done this a couple of times) but should it show in the plugins. I have done it again but still nothing .

With regard to the Quickstart I would love to have used that but it is expensive for me to justify, we are not a commercial entity and I have funded the package so far my self

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds