problem with cb connect

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317475 by saman2
problem with cb connect was created by saman2
hi.
i set all cb connect setting for useing google to register user. but at the end i get this error:

Client error: `GET people.googleapis.com/v1/people/me?personFields=names%2Cnicknames%2Cphotos%2CcoverPhotos%2CemailAddresses&access_token=ya29.a0Ae4lvC3SchJgXolhN7VC352JWnnjDDo_VSoQtjPRrfsKLTGs_o56ghi4_mMU_pGFqkxLLiXl-FmkIJP52gF4GAeo2oYht7DBeX32SPpIwkLswVe5dptdzOxv2NDcXIieRQc7UmdjNud3fiuZvoawrEe2p5dnNSS_KB4` resulted in a `403 Forbidden` response:

but when i click on the above link i can see my information as json.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317489 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem with cb connect
Please be sure you've correctly followed the steps below to setup your Google application.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263260

If the application is not setup correctly you will receive access denied errors like the 403 forbidden. That error usually happens due to the Google People API not being enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317516 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic problem with cb connect

krileon wrote: Please be sure you've correctly followed the steps below to setup your Google application.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263260

If the application is not setup correctly you will receive access denied errors like the 403 forbidden. That error usually happens due to the Google People API not being enabled.

i was using your document to create that and also enable People API , but i have this error.

Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #317528 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problem with cb connect
Still seams to be working fine in my tests. As far as I'm aware nothing has changed on Googles end and CB Connect has already been updated for their People API. Did you use the configure a project tool on the below page or are you trying to use an existing project that was previously a Google+ project?

developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/sign-in

You can try also enabling the "Google+ API", but that shouldn't be necessary as that API is discontinued.

It does look like they adjusted the UI little more. In the Credentials page ensure after clicking "+ CREATE CREDENTIALS" you click "OAuth client ID" and have selected "Web application" as its type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn