CB Activity - Multi selection ACL Group is possible ?

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317535 by Julien04
Hi!

I wonder if it is possible to create multiple access to configure a wall.

Since you added custom ACL i saw another display possibility.

In principle:

Creation> Owner + Custom Acces Group

This would allow a simple "registered" member to see the content of the wall in a page with a loadmodule id but without being able to write to it in his Tab!

The best thing would be to be able to also deactivate the display of the tab in his profile on his wall and to be able to display it automatically as soon as he enters the Custom Access Group.

I thought of this way because if I want a simple registered member to be able to see the content of a wall, you have to configure the activity of the wall and the tab with the registered rights. Leaving him the opportunity to write a message through his profile tab, something I do not want.

It is to configure a subscription access!

Is that possible ? Is it already possible?

Thanks in advance :) !

Julien

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 3 weeks ago #317540 by krileon
The access parameter is for permission to post on the stream not view it. View access is determined by what is rendering the stream. For example if using a menu item then view access is just that mean items Access parameter. For fields it'd be the tabs Access or you could use CB Conditional and/or CB Privacy to limit access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #317543 by Julien04
yes its a combination lol.

CB conditional work well but when i configure a rules, all content of the tab isnt accessible in view in a module if member havnt special access.

it's a little bit special :) .. I'll explain what I wish.

The user who creates a simple access account registered in the "News" tab which appears in his profile and can publish messages because he is "Owner".

When he goes to the home page as a connected member, he sees the "News" wall but cannot post because configuring as such.

When I create a condition not to display the tab, it works but suddenly he cannot see the "News" wall of the home page. This deactivates the content if the tab is not active and that is my problem.

In fact, the creation of news on this page is reserved for the base only for members who have special access.

I would have liked that the simple member could see the content of the news of these special members in the home page when he is a simple member without being able to interact.

And the day, or he decides to buy the subscription, that he is the access to write news from his profile tab "News" which will be displayed automatically following his subscription.

That's why I thought of the Owner + Special Acces combination to create the content on this wall.

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317558 by krileon

When I create a condition not to display the tab, it works but suddenly he cannot see the "News" wall of the home page. This deactivates the content if the tab is not active and that is my problem.

That is working exactly as it should. If your news page is showing a profile stream and the user doesn't have access to that profile stream then they also don't have access to that news page. Streams work via their Asset. Review the Asset parameter of your streams carefully. You're getting into more advance usecases so please be sure to tinker with the stream to understand it better. All profile streams will first check that the viewing user can even access the profile the stream belongs to. If it's the Activity tab then it will check access to that tab. If it's a CB Activity field then it will check access to that field and its tab.

So if you want a stream that is not attached to a profile then you need to give that stream a unique asset. So for example it could just have an asset of "news". Note that streams can have multiple assets via comma list however only the first asset supplied is used when making posts on that stream. If your news page is displaying Recent Activity then it should display all activity on the site the viewing user has access to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

4 years 2 weeks ago #317588 by Julien04
Ok everything works normally then! I may have taken a path that was too complex for me on this one. I understand the creation of the direct stream, I will do tests and tinker with it in parallel to see what it gives. I withdraw it from my priorities today, it is not essential for the moment!

Thank you for your clarification!

Have a nice day
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn