Modify CB Author-bot Hover display

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #317548 by JagaTelesin
Modify CB Author-bot Hover display was created by JagaTelesin
Did a search, didn't see anything related to this.

We'd like to add a simple custom text field to the CB Author Bot hover display - right aligned on the same line as their username (for a "rank" title per user). I don't see any useful plugin configuration for the Author Bot, so am really just looking for a place to get started - where I can edit the HTML/CSS for that particular hover block and insert a custom field there.

Cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Modify CB Author-bot Hover display
What hover display exactly? It's possible your template could be providing a hover display unless you're referring to the hover canvas usage that can be enabled on the formatname field. Please provide a screenshot for better clarification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #317578 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic Modify CB Author-bot Hover display
I believe you identified the hover canvas correctly - I did enable it on the formatname field. Attaching a screenshot so you can see it's typical display structure. It's what I'm looking to modify to add the single custom text field to.

Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #317600 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Modify CB Author-bot Hover display
Edit the formatname field within CB > Field Management then under Display you should see a "Hover Canvas Content" parameter. This lets you customize the contents of the hover canvas. By default it just displays the online status and formatname field. You can completely override this to display whatever you like though using substitutions. See the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

It also has a trigger that can be used to extend it from CB Auto Actions. Specifically the onHoverCanvasDisplay trigger if you don't want to override the existing content. You'd simply use a Code action with Method set to HTML and under Output set it to "return". This would return your custom HTML and display it in the hover canvas.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn