[#7920] Extraneous approve group join in an approval type group

4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #317577 by kdave321
I have the owner of an Approval-type group sending an invite to join the group. The user accepts the invite but is then told "Your group join request is currently pending approval!" and the owner has to approve him?
Obviously if the owner has sent the invite, he has been approved.
Any way to fix this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317599 by krileon
Approval group types always require approval on join attempt. Invites do not circumvent this behavior, but probably should in the scenario you're using. Have added a feature ticket to implement support for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7920

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317602 by kdave321
Thanks.

Would an auto-action triggered by the invite to "pre-approve" the invitee work?

4 years 2 weeks ago #317606 by krileon
No, the invites are accepted after they've joined the group at which point they're already pending approval. Once this feature is implemented their invites will need to be looped through to see if it came from someone that can approve them to basically auto-approve their join request when accepting the invite. There isn't really a trigger available to reliably act on without having to do a lot of PHP work since the triggers available don't send any invite information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kdave321

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn