cb privacy config

3 years 11 months ago #317901 by phcprod
cb privacy config was created by phcprod
I watched your youtube tutorials about privacy but I don't clearly understand how it works.
For an author publications site what are the confidentiality rules which must be configured and published so that each member can consult the tabs of the author to which he subscribes?
Case : Members are registered in one or more joomla user groups according to the profiles of the authors to which they want to subscribe.
Ex: "Member A" can consult the tabs of "Author 1", "Member B" can consult the tabs of "Author 2" and "Author 3" ...
Do I have to create a specific confidentiality rule for each author? ... How to configure the plugin or the rules ?
Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb privacy config
If Member A, Member B, etc.. have their own usergroup so you can distinguish them from one another then you'd just use a usergroup privacy control that Author A, Author B, etc.. can select. You can also have privacy based off a view access level as well if you'd prefer to use that instead of a usergroup one. If there isn't a usergroup difference between the users you'll likely need to use CB Conditional and condition the tabs based off the viewing users profile data, which hopefully would have something that distinguishes them (e.g. profile type field or something of the sort).

It sounds more like CB Conditional is what you're needing to use more than anything. It can handle AND/OR cases as well, which you'll need since you need this to check some information based off the displayed user and the viewing user. To configure this you'll need to ensure CB Conditional is installed then under Integrations > CB Conditional of your tab you'd have the below.

Display: Tab conditional show

Condition 1 (or)
Condition 1a (and)
Field: Usergroups
User: Displayed User
Operator: Has
Usergroups: Author A Usergroup
Condition 1b (and)
User: Viewing User
Usergroups: Member A Usergroup

Condition 2 (or)
Condition 2a (and)
User: Displayed User
Usergroups: Author B Usergroup
Condition 2b (and)
User: Viewing User
Usergroups: Member B Usergroup

Locations (apply this to all the conditions)
Profile Edit: No
Profile View: Yes
Userlists Search: No
Userlists View: Yes

The above has OR cases and AND cases. This allows for the author a and author b checks to properly check against their viewing user members. Use the "Add AND Rows" and "Add OR Rows" buttons to add the second conditions. If you've a profile field

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318045 by phcprod
Replied by phcprod on topic cb privacy config
Thank you for your feedback !

I think the best is to combine cb privacy and cb conditional

cb privacy for all tabs:
Public: disabled
Users: Enable, Users access: access level authors
Private: Enable, Users access: access level authors
.. other disabled rules
Usergroups: enable, Users access: access level authors, Usergroups: multichoice

For cb conditional tabs I will configure:

Field = value
Value = [usergroup] of [visitor_userid]
equal to
value = [a value of a cb_field] of [author_userid]

What are the exact syntaxes for the substitutions "[usergroup] of [visitor_userid]" and "[a value of a cb_field] of [author_userid]" ?

Best regards

3 years 11 months ago #318055 by krileon

"[usergroup] of [visitor_userid]"

Use the Usergroup condition for that and select for it to be based off the viewing user.

and "[a value of a cb_field] of [author_userid]" ?

Use a Custom> Value condition then use userdata substitutions with the user parameter. I assume by author user id you meant the viewing user id? Example as follows.

[cb:userdata field="FIELD_NAME" user="#me" /]

Additional substitution usage information can be found in the below tutorial.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago #318421 by phcprod
Replied by phcprod on topic cb privacy config
In your documentation I find the substitution "cb: usergroup", I suppose that they are the values of the usergroups of joomla.
In the cb conditional parameters of the tabs what is the exact syntax of "usergroup" for this case:
field: value
value: - >> usergroup ?? (viewing user groups)
operator: must contain
value: Group [cb: userdata field = "username" /] (displays the correct value)

I tried many combinations around [cb: userdata field = "usergroups" user = "# me"] or even [cb: usergroups user = "# me"] without success

3 years 10 months ago #318433 by krileon

In your documentation I find the substitution "cb: usergroup", I suppose that they are the values of the usergroups of joomla.

Yes.

field: value
value: - >> usergroup ?? (viewing user groups)
operator: must contain
value: Group [cb: userdata field = "username" /] (displays the correct value)

Do not use a Custom > Value condition for conditioning against usergroup. Just use the Usergroups condition. The Usergroups condition is at the top of the Field select under the Custom header. See the below.

Once selected you can have it condition against the user who is viewing the field or the user who is being displayed (profile owner). In your case set it to Viewing User.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds