[SOLVED] Cannot Install Plugins

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318072 by drs2biz
[SOLVED] Cannot Install Plugins was created by drs2biz
Hello,

When I try to install a new CB Plugin, I can select the plugin but the "Upload & Install" button doesn't work. Any clues on what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318105 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Cannot Install Plugins
What do you mean by it doesn't work? Clicking the button does nothing? The upload fails and the page reloads? Please be more specific. If the button does nothing you may have some sort of fatal JS error present on the page. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools and click the Console tab. Now refresh the page and attempt to install a plugin and see if any fatal errors (they'll be red) are in the console.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318199 by drs2biz
Replied by drs2biz on topic Cannot Install Plugins
Hi Krileon,

What I mean when I say that "it doesn't work" is that it fails to activate the uploading and installation of the plugin. I tried your suggestion of hitting the <F12> button and that "doesn't work" either (it fails to open my browser's development tools). I'm using Opera for my browser. I also tried this on the Brave browser with similar results (or lack thereof). I would be happy to grant access to the back end should you care to take a look for me.

Please transfer this thread to the Professional Member Support forum as I have membership.

Many thanks,
David S.

3 years 11 months ago #318216 by krileon
If the upload process itself isn't working then that would be an issue with your connection to the server. Opera nor Brave are tested browsers. We test Chrome, Firefox, and IE only. Try one of those as maybe browser security for whatever reason is blocking the upload for whatever reason. Using Chrome or Firefox perform the F12 console check if the upload also isn't working there to rule out JS errors blocking form submit. Aside from that you can try Install from Web assuming your browser security doesn't block the JSONP request preventing it from seeing your Joomlapolis login state.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #318221 by drs2biz
Replied by drs2biz on topic Cannot Install Plugins
Tried Firefox and was able to get the developer console working, even though the <F12> button did not launch the console. I think there must be a keyboard issue with this button. The result is displayed as follows:

Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #318239 by krileon
Strange, that's an error thrown by qtip which we use for tooltips. It should only try to call that if the jQuery function imagesLoaded exists. I'm not seeing such an issue in my tests. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn